Senior or graduate student attending a college or university seeking certification to teach business courses OR
Teacher of business education with ten or fewer years of teaching
Member of NBEA and ISBE
Amount of Scholarship
Each scholarship for attendance at a USA conference is $500
Each scholarship for attendance at an international conference is $1,000
Maximum of $3,000 awarded in any one year
Use of Scholarship Funds
Scholarship funds must be used to defray expenses for attendance at:
SIEC/ISBE International Conference or
Regional NBEA conference with some international sessions
Obtain an application form from the ISBE website (www.isbeusa.org) or the fall ISBE newsletter
Determine a new (not previously published) international project to be used for the scholarship requirement. (See attached list for suggestions)
Summarize the project in one page or less
Submit completed application form, project summary, and personal resume (not to exceed two pages) by December 1 and send to President, USA Chapter ISBE, c/o National Business Education Association, 1914 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1596 for scholarship in the next calendar year.
Receive notification of the results of the application review by February 1.
Attend conference and keep track of expenses paid
Submit the request for reimbursement, along with appropriate receipts, to President of the USA Chapter of ISBE along with completed project and documentation no later than three months after attending the conference.
Expectations of Recipient
Attend conference proposed
Complete the project described in the application process
Promote and advocate international business education
If registered for and attending NBEA convention, attend ISBE banquet as guest of US-ISBE chapter
Prepare a short (at least 250 words) article summarizing the project and/or conference experience and submit to editor of US ISBE chapter newsletter
Guidelines for ISBE Board
President to receive application forms by December 1
President to verify eligibility and send each application to each member of the Scholarship Committee by December 15
Scholarship Committee members shall evaluate the proposed projects and compile results.
Notification of the Scholarship Committee’s decision will be made to the applicants by February 1
The scholarship recipient(s) will pay the expenses incurred for the conference and submit receipts to ISBE for reimbursement along with documentation of completed proposed project
The recipient(s) will be reimbursed pending approval of the project(s) by the President and one other member of the Board or the Scholarship Committee
The President should encourage and assist the recipient in disseminating the results of the project
This process can be modified with the approval of the ISBE Board. Any changes must be advertised at least 1 year in advance of their implementation or they may be implemented immediately with approval of the Board and the membership
1. An article outlining the development of an activity for incorporating international business into business education classrooms.
2. An article reporting some research on international business. This may be classroom action research or more formal research.
3. Development of minimum of 200 international questions to be used in ISBE newsletter with answers and explanation of answers.
4. An article to be used in the ISBE newsletter or a more formal article reporting on visits to international businesses with some comparison and analysis.
5. An article which could be used in an ISBE or SIEC publication regarding some aspect related to international business or the teaching of business subjects in an international setting.
6. An article on use of the Internet to teach international business with Internet addresses, etc.
7. Philosophical article including some references on the effect of world events on international business with suggestions for discussion/activities.
8. An article appropriate for publication on any other business-related idea which has expanded the author’s (or may expand the readers’) knowledge, interest, and awareness of global business education.
9. An original complete lesson plan which could be used in an international business course.